Upcoming Observance

This Friday, July 22nd, is the one-year observance of Willie's passing. Although in past posts and on his page I've indicated I have some photos of him as a kitten, I have not gotten them digitized yet. So they won't be in his slideshow any time soon.

We still miss him very much and can't believe it's already been one year. It really seems like a few weeks or months ago. I still have one towel on the bed between our pillows. It's the beach towel he was wrapped in on his last day. I still think I smell his scent, but I just may be dreaming. After all this time and with Sarah laying on it, it could be Sarah I smell. But I like to think that he's still hanging around the house, walking normally just like he used to, and laying around on the rug in front of the fireplace or in the kitty cup on the sofa in the living room.

I am still so sad.

Comments

Popular Posts