Last Act

I'd put off doing this for weeks now. Had to do it today or never.

I have an Animal Fancier's Permit which allows us to have four cats and one dog in our household. Yes, a lot of you don't have this restriction in your community but we do.

I called Animal Services in the city today to have Willie removed so they won't bug me to have his rabies shot and license up to date. I'd just renewed it in March for three years. Little did I know that Willie wouldn't be around. But I remember agonizing then over whether or not I should renew for one year or more, not knowing how Willie's situation would turn out.

I asked what would happen now. The clerk replied that Willie's name would be removed but the license will still remain with four cats and one dog. Just in case we get another cat. I guess they don't want to refund any money.

So it doesn't matter if we get another cat or don't. If we don't get another cat by 2007, then I won't renew the license. Won't need it.

We'll see what the future will bring.

(Yes, I cried after I hung up the phone.)

Comments

Popular Posts