Willie

We went shopping today and got Willie a diaper.

He's been having accidents for the past week. He can't walk very well so he's not going to the litter box by himself. I placed him near the litter box or removed the lid, but he gets spooked and doesn't do anything. Then I leave him near the litter box and he relieves himself on the floor, or on the sofa if that's where he is. *sigh* I'm near wit's end.

So we got a diaper for him. It's really made for dogs, both female and male, but I figure it should be okay for cats, too. I purchased two different sizes because I wasn't sure which size would fit him. I need to return the extra small. Too small.

Next week he sees the doctor. I need to question the prolonged use of the meds, especially of the dexamethasone. I've been reading that prolonged use is not good -- muscle wasting can occur. I wish I'd questioned and researched this earlier rather than renewing the prescription and giving it to him. This may be why he's not walking well.

Damn it all! I wish he was walking and back to his old self. I can sense he feels helpless, just as I do with him. I want him to be better....and happier. It's huggie time.

Comments

Popular Posts