Catching Up from 2006

Didn't realize how infrequently I was posting news to this blog until I decided to move it. Now that I've updated the web site, I need to update here as well.


First thing, I need to report is my brother got another kitty, this time a little girl called Bella. She's still young and is a brat to her brother, Simon. Both are cute and could be mistaken for biological siblings as they both have nearly the same coloring. See their pics on the Family page.

The next thing is I'm sad to report that my sister's dog, Razzle, is missing. She apparently got out of the backyard on new year's eve when my older niece's friend(s) left the gate open. Razzle is a 15-year-old Shar Pei with arthritis and age-related deafness. We are hoping that someone spotted Razzle and is keeping her safe, maybe waiting for someone to offer a reward.

Razzle was last seen in the vicinity of Woodcreek High School and the preserve nearby in Roseville, California. In the area, there are three shelters that handle incoming strays but only two hold animals for longer than 3 business days. If she was found and taken to a shelter, we hope it was not the one that euthanizes unclaimed animals too soon. The nearest shelter is actually at the Placer SPCA and we're hoping that Razzle was taken there. It is a no-kill/ low-kill shelter.

Razzle's disappearance reminds me of our Noel's disappearance in 1999. Recovering from losing a pet that way is so hard. It's the unknown that makes it hard. We hope and pray that Razzle comes home soon. Her photo is on the Family page, too.

Finally, there are odd animal news to report. But maybe I'll put that in another post. I'm a little too sad right now.

Comments

Popular Posts