Fraidy Freddy Update

He's finally out of the bedroom and roaming the house!

He's still skittish and very wary of Bo, the dog, but he's warming up to us. More to me than to the hubby, which makes the hubby a little jealous. Fraidy is more a woman's cat than a man's cat. He did have only foster moms, not foster dads, so it stands to reason he'd be more comfortable with me.

So Wednesday morning he got stuck in the bedroom with Sarah because I apparently didn't shut the door tight and Smokey opened it -- Fraidy followed. I got Smokey out before I had to head to work, but Fraidy kept running under the bed and I couldn't get him out. So with trepidation, I left him there with Sarah. I thought about them all day, hoping that the two of them would get along -- even though Sarah, being a cat, hates other cats.

When I got home, I noticed the bedroom door was slightly ajar. I know I shut it tight before I left. I could have sworn I did! When I opened it, I saw Smokey on the floor. How did he do it??? Sarah was nowhere in sight. Fraidy was in a laundry basket. Oh boy...

Fraidy hissed whenever the hubby tried to carry him and I wasn't sure how I was going to manage getting him out of the bedroom. But he surprised me by not running out of the laundry basket and let me pick him up. I carried him out and placed him down in the hallway. Finally, I gave Sarah back the bedroom to herself. She was much happier without those horrid interlopers of her solitude.

Now that the question of being able to pick him up and carry him is solved, I'll have to arrange for his vet visit for his rabies vaccination. That may be another adventure with Fraidy.

Comments

Popular Posts