Fraidy's Not So Fraidy Anymore

Our newest cat is finally coming out of hiding to get petted.

Since we've been taking turns sleeping in his bedroom with him, he's gotten accustomed to our presence. He first came out of hiding when it was my turn one night last week. He'd jumped up on the bed and I turned over expecting him to flee. But, instead, he stood there and accepted my petting his head and stroking his back. When I stopped he pushed my hand to make me pet him again, and he kept doing that. He just loved being petted!

My hubby was surprised when I told him the next day. Then Fraidy did it for him when my hubby slept in the bedroom the next night. The only thing is he still gets skittish and hides when we get up and walk around.

He hides most of the time. We hope in time he'll stay out of hiding for longer periods. Then we'll be able to introduce him to Smokey, who we hope will make Fraidy a buddy, Tasha and Bo. I don't think Sarah will like Fraidy any more than she likes our other cats, so he won't be getting to know her.

His foster mom told us that it took him two months to get used to her. We hope it doesn't take that long with us.

Comments

Popular Posts