Setback

I am so totally bummed :-(

After all the excitement of Willie getting better, he now seems to be on the downslide to where he was before the surgery. I blame myself for letting him run around the house instead of "confining him to quarters" in one of the bedrooms. He was supposed to be in a small area so that he could recuperate. Being excited that we all were, I let him do as he pleased.

Now he's walking wobbly again. I hope it's just a minor setback and not a permanent one. We cannot go through surgery again, both physically and financially.

Last night I slept fitfully in my own bed and woke up around 3 a.m. worried and depressed about his condition. I got up and laid on the sofa in the family room with him, partly to make sure he stayed there instead of wandering around. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well. Neither did he. We both finally fell asleep for about three hours after 5 a.m.

He's been resting all day long. That's good.

I need to tackle making a bedroom ready for him. It's something I told the hubby I'd do yesterday, then I'd do today. The problem is we have a ton of junk in both spare bedrooms. Ugh! Spring cleaning is definitely needed in this house.

So, I guess I better get to it.

Gotta stop by the sofa and give Willie a big smooch on his head first.

Comments

Popular Posts